Globalization. Increased competitive threats. New regulatory measures. Rising costs. Volatile market conditions.
To effectively deal with business pressures, your company must transform itself into a leaner, faster and more agile enterprise. But with past fixes having been piled onto mission-critical systems, the result is a rigid and inflexible information technology (IT) architecture.
A service-oriented architecture (SOA) solution streamlines and modernizes your IT structures while addressing legacy system and application issues – with minimal or no disturbance to your business. This approach will:
- Synchronize your business processes with technology to make your organization more competitive and responsive to change.
- Measurably improve customer service, satisfaction and loyalty
- Reduce total cost of IT ownership, freeing funds for strategic business investments.
- Increase operational speed and efficiency, user productivity and organizational flexibility.
- Extend the useful life of in-place investments.
- Consolidate and streamline operations.
- Give you timely access to more accurate enterprise information.
- Ease the establishment of secure, real-time communications with partners and customers.
- Help you efficiently manage suppliers, allies and distribution channels.
- Shorten development and time-to-market cycles.
- Create, enable and optimize new long-term revenue opportunities.
SOA is more than an IT solution, it is a paradigm shift. It takes the focus off IT and puts it back where it belongs: on customers, service quality and fundamental business objectives. The overall benefits are a higher return on investment (ROI) and a more agile technology system better able to support execution of your strategic decisions.
SOA is fundamentally about describing, building, using and managing your IT environment with a focus upon the services it provides, rather than upon the technology it uses. When enterprises adopt a service-oriented architecture they describe their IT investment in terms of modular services, each delivering specific value. A well architected, governed and managed SOA environment allows enterprises to quickly create, combine and deploy services to respond to rapidly changing business needs.
TechPerspect SOA and Integration Services is an important component in any move toward applications modernization. A complete range of services that addresses the full integration lifecycle – from assessment and design to development and management – ensures you stay on track to meet your current and future business goals.
Assessment and Planning – Assessment of your readiness to adopt SOA or existing SOA strategy, and development of a comprehensive roadmap to guide the transition to achieve desired goals and objectives.
Center of Excellence – Creation of your SOA and integration Center of Excellence comprised of subject matter experts managing all aspects of your SOA initiatives. The CoE serves as the foundation for organizational and governance processes and establishes the enabling architecture and technology to accelerate the SOA transformation.
Governance – Establishes the SOA governance model, as well as the policies, frameworks, processes, roles and responsibilities essential for a SOA transformation.
SOA and Integration Architecture – Design of the principles, standards and models required to implement and manage the execution of SOA transformation and/or enterprise application integration (EAI) for your organization.
Design & Development – The identification, build and implementation of services with the supporting applications infrastructure.
Management – The maintenance, monitoring and administration of the SOA and integration environments.